www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Why I'm really tired

I stayed up too late playing with HTML. Which is FUN!

Please speak up if you have any color recommendations. Love/hate the new scheme? Could care less? Let me know!

Two quick things:

1) I'm really enjoying Julia Child's posthumously published book (co-written with Alex Prud'homme), My Life in France. I read The Julie/Julia project a few months ago, so this was a natural choice. I also own the two volumes, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, so I've found myself with three hardbacks spread on the bed, cross-referencing madly. I now want to purchase some Julia DVDs. I'm all Julia, all the time.

2) Except tomorrow, when we have breakfast with the neighbors (thankfully, my cupboard is bare), then a backstage tour at the Austin Lyric Opera's production of Don Giovanni, followed by the long-awaited retrieval of Jesse from the airport, then a mad dash to a "sip and see" for a friend's new baby.

Ok, off to bed. I'm the sure the girls were about to stagger in there, anyway.

6 comments:

Krispy said...

I'm a HUGE fan of purple and green. although maybe this shade of purple is a tiny bit hard to read the green type at the top?

Daisy said...

Yes, so I will enlist your help! If you google "HTML Color," one of the first several hits has a handy color chart. Feel free to send me a color code to try out!

Lisa said...

I like the new template, and the colors. How hard was it to change (the template)? I've been contemplating a change my ownself. And did you know that Julia's mother was the first woman in California to get a driver's license?

Daisy said...

I didn't know that! Fun fact.

It took some concentrated time, since I didn't bother learning anything first. I just kept changing colors, and previewing to see what effect it had.

Jennifer said...

I like the new look! Matches the hollyhocks, kinda. But where are all your links?

Daisy said...

Jennifer - thanks!

I can see the links, home on the Mac/Firefox, and I saw them at work today on a PC/IE. Can you still not see them?

We saw a rat snake today, one who had just eaten a tasty morsel, was bulging fat, and moving slowly. The kids were thrilled when I showed them "yours."