www.flickr.com

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

“Ballsalicious” is what Jon Stewart called it

We don't have cable anymore, and I mostly don't miss it. However, it does mean that all I know of Stephen Colbert I've learned from friends and NPR.

If, like me, you haven't yet seen his monologue at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner this last weekend, you shouldn't waste a second in following this link and viewing it. NOW.

When you are done, watch the video he made for it - also fun.

Lastly, icing, really, his coverage of the event on his own show.

I'm a Salon member, so you may have to watch an ad first, if you're not a member. It's totally worth it, I promise.

Thanks for the original link, Angela!

~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: You can get all of the videos and more, here.

2 comments:

krispy said...

my other friend Lisa has been emailing about this. interesting. not sure why they'd invite him - what did they expect.

Daisy said...

it was so much more than anyone would have expected, I think. He was ruthless, and went after the press as much as Bush, but maintained his character and his sense of irony throughout. Really great.