www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Up to Three MEME

Bookhart created a very challenging meme recently, based on music. I have to admit, music is not my thing. I mean, I like to listen to music, but given a choice, I'll go with Ani or Gillian or Eliza or Patty.

Most of the time, however, I listen to music chosen by the girls - The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, Billy Jonas, Pete Seeger, John Lithgow...the list goes on. Their musical taste is much more diverse than mine.

This can be credited to Jesse, who has an extremely developed palate for and love of music. So, I thought it only right that he should complete this meme. So, all the way from Ohio, please welcome...Jesse!!


NAME UP TO THREE:

Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
Gosh, there are so many…
How about: We Built this City on Rock and Roll, by Starship

Musical Artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
The Grateful Dead, New kids on the block, Hanson

Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love
Wild Horses, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Paint it Black

Beatles Song(s) I Love
Blackbird, Michelle, Nowhere Man

Who Song(s) I Love
The Real Me, Baba O’Riley, Eminence Front

Reggae Song(s) I Love
Bob Marley: No Woman No Cry, Redemption Song

Country Song(s) I Love
George Strait: Let’s Fall To Pieces Together
Jose Cuervo Sung by Tanya Tucker

Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
Valley Girl, Gross Point Blank,

Musical Sountrack(s) I Love
Grease
Hair
Fame

Cover Song(s) I Love
Ben Folds’ version of The Cure’s In Between Days
Dinosaur Jr’s version of The Cure’s Just Like Heaven
Annie Lennox’s version of Procol Harem’s Lighter Shade of Pale

Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love
Gnarls Barkley
Red Hot Chili Peppers (They totally sold out, man!)

Song(s) That Bring Me to Tears
Sting – Russians (I was, like, 12)
Ben Folds Five – Brick


Song(s) That Make Me Shake My Ass
Outkast – Hey Ya!

Classical Composer(s) I Love
Mozart

Rap/Hip-Hop Song(s) I Love
Public Enemy - Night of the Living Baseheads
NWA – Fuck the Police
Beastie Boys – Paul Revere

70s Disco Song(s) I Love
The BeeGees – Tragedy
Abba – Dancing Queen
Alicia Bridges – I Love the Nightlife

70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love
ELO - Telephone Line
Boston - More Than a Feeling
Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son

Metal Song(s) I Love
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Pantera - Fucking Hostile
White Zombie – Black Sunshime

New Wave Song(s) I Love
Haircut 100 – Love Plus One
Human League – Don’t you Want Me
The Vapors – Turning Japanese

Soul/R&B Song(s) I Love
Sam Cooke – Cupid
Ray Charles – What I say

Power Ballad(s) I Love
Kiss – Beth
Journey – Open Arms
REO Speedwagon – Keep on Loving You

Pre 1950s Song(s) I Love
The Andrews Sisters – Boogie-Woogie Bugle Boy

Punk Song(s) I Love
The Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
The Dead Kennedys – California Über Alles
Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized

Singer/Songwriter Song(s) I Love
Jim Croce
Lyle Lovett
Patty Griffin

MTV Video(s) I Love
Death Cab For Cutie – Title and Registration

None of the Above Song(s) I Love
Death Cab For Cutie – Marching bands of New York

Thanks, Jesse! I'm glad you had fun with it.

I tag Lisa, Angela, and Jennifer. Come on, girls!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, God, I was totally dreading the potential tag while scrolling down your blog. I'll get back to ya! (boy I am going to look uncool)

Agent X said...

alright...I did it. It took too long and well...couldn't you just insert the "angela drinking wine" song list from your computer? Just kidding... sort of. Must sleep now.

Lisa said...

shit.

Karla May said...

OMG, I just read your comment on Badger's blog and had to come over to yours to tell you that I TOO pronounce them "Vianna" (as in Violet) sausages. Whenever I pronounce that word. Which is almost never. But every time I do, whoever's within earshot gives me utter shit about it. I'm so glad I'm not the only freak out there.

Jesse said...

I wanted to add "Sweet Jane" by Two Nice Girls (Velvet Underground Cover)to my cover songs I love category.

Daisy said...

AWWW...ME TOO!

Did I tell you that Hannah requested "Angry Anymore" by Ani the other day?