www.flickr.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Yoga?

Like Karla May, we drove north Friday night and got stuck in a traffic jam that lasted from here to Georgetown, and then from Belton to Hillsboro. It was not fun. But once we arrived in OKC, we had a blast.

The zoo there was terrific, and even better was the Omniplex next door, a kind of Exploratorium. The kids had a terrific time visiting their friend Z, who is 2 years older than Hannah and whom they have known their whole lives.


Seastars
Originally uploaded by sinda kate.




Z's Cool Hat
Originally uploaded by sinda kate.




Gorilla Rest
Originally uploaded by sinda kate.



There are more pictures at Flickr too.

Yesterday, my niece and nephew, who are 8 and 4, came to visit for a few days. Their parents were very worried about how the four-year-old would do sleeping away from home - he's a fitful sleeper at best, apparently - but he did great. The eight-year-old read them all stories until 9:30, then they all crashed, and didn't budge again. Love it!

The cousins will party here together, then we'll drive them back to Houston and visit Grandma - ah, Spring Break. In a perfect world,I'd be outside the entire time, with a day spent at The Natural Gardener and three days spent in the yard. At least the rain makes me feel better - for the obvious drought-relieving reasons, as well as for a iron-clad excuse for not doing yard work.

Since we were gone over the weekend, seedlings of last years' Cosmos, Zinnias and Sunflowers have sprouted, as well as a few stray potatoes the girls planted a few weeks ago. And my back yard actually needs mowing.

Kristing and I have been going to a yoga class at the Y on Saturday mornings, which I love. The instructor is great, the class is more than beginner but not so challenging it's discouraging, and I feel great after. I'm sad to have missed it last Saturday and to miss it again this Saturday. Last week, I decided to try a weekday, lunch-time class at a studio across the street from my office. It's much more challenging - I was far more sore than I've ever been after yoga, and even after a vigorous workout. I'm going to go back today, though, and see if I can keep it up. Fussy, I've been re-reading Yogabeans! for inspiration - thank you!

Do you ever play with Googlism?

--Sinda is also a yoga instructor at new york sports club

5 comments:

Agent X said...

Here is what googlism said about me - angela hunter is another good


i would have preferred another evil, but good is the next best.

Agent X said...

I like this one too - angela is looking for the right people that can help feed the fire of her already diva

Lisa said...

lisa is set to go wild in zambia

lisa is king of the world

lisa is a loser

lisa is adyktively versatile

lisa is true

lisa is a 76 year old lady who lives alone in sheltered accommodation and prior to this hospital admission was able to care for herself

lisa is kept in the warden's office

lisa is similar to a dynamic link library*

lisa is bored and needs to kill time

lisa is hung in napoleon bonapart's bedroom in the tuileries

lisa is an outspoken adversary of the left and radical feminism and a proponent of modern conservative principles

lisa is not an unmixed blessing for a work of art

*This one is spot on.

ztrivegj said...

jesse is stupid
jesse is a hypocrite
jesse is not telling black america (shh! It's a secret)
jesse is messy
jesse is not responsible for any mental scarring (?!?)
jesse is so sexy (too true..)
jesse is hot ( ditto )
For Angela: jesse is introduced as xander's other best friend
jesse is acknowledging that he's interested in a good time
jesse is so lucky to be alive and it's amazing he survived a fight with a cat ( toast nearly kicked my ass )
jesse is dead (I guess I didn't survive after all)
jesse is another figure of christ(did I mention I'm starting a new religion?)

Lisa said...

That Toast will kill us all.
But probably you first.