www.flickr.com

Friday, May 11, 2007

Wow - since my last post was on our anniversary, weeks ago, I guess it's only fitting I return on my birthday.

Where have I been? Working my ass off, driving to San Antonio oftener than I'd like, cuddling my girls, yoga, The Domain, The Domain again, and home as much as possible. Make that outside as much as possible - it's gorgeous here, the weather is peaking, and I can't stand being indoors.

Right now I should be prepping the food for the party I decided to throw myself, but not just yet. First some iced green tea to wake up a bit, then on to the cooking.

...

Alright, then - hummous done, goat cheese, basil and walnut dip/spread done (yum), almonds blanched, peeled, salted and roasted, chicken marinated (thanks, sweetie), peaches roasted and raspberries strained, greek yogurt draining (all for a delicious-sounding dessert), eggplants roasted and draining (lots of draining tonight), energy drained. Time for bed.

...

Gratuitous mime photo:



Originally uploaded by sinda kate.

7 comments:

Antonia said...

Happy birthday!! Your birthday is the day before my blog's birthday. I was going to post something appropriate but was too involved in eating celebratory cake.

I'm impressed in the extreme by your party food preparations: when we have people over we just cook the buggers pizza. Hope your party was wonderful.

danniella said...

delicious

Jennifer said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It's not fair to have your birthday so close to Mother's Day AND your anniversary, but oh well. (I'm in the same boat.)

La Turista said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you - hope you had a great one!

Krispy said...

Let me impress upon the blogging public just how fabulous tasting! and looking everything was!
the peaches, raspberry & yogurt was truly special - so simple! so divine! and undersold when compared to the chocolate mousse.

it was all lovely. you should have your birthday twice a year.

Krispy said...

Oh! and I want to go to a tea party at the Domain -- is it the steeping room? looks lovely! perhaps we can flashback to San Diego?

Mags said...

Happy birthday!

What is this basil and walnut spread of which you speak? That sounds heavenly...