www.flickr.com

Monday, July 02, 2007

Coming Down

OMG what a week. Or was it two? All I know is that I've been working on a project for some time now, especially heavily recently, and we're now in the dénouement phase, and I couldn't be happier about it.

To celebrate, I bought tickets for the circus last night. Sadly, I forgot that Jesse had recently signed up for a Sunday evening tennis clinic, so we went without him.


Multimedia message
Originally uploaded by sinda kate.


The last time we went to the circus, Hannah was three and Hazel one, and Jesse had just shaved his facial hair that day. Both children refused to look at him or allow him to touch them, they were so freaked out, and so I ended up with two small children hanging around my neck...we left after an hour. Nonetheless, Hannah remembered the elephant painting, and was happy to see another elephant creating art last night. Hazel is obsessed with elephants anyway, so she was THRILLED to see it.

They lasted through the whole show, powered by grapes and carrots (brought from home, of course) $10 cotton candy (with a free hat! Hurray! That made it all worth it!), a $9 sno-cone (with a free Clown Head Cup! Yippee!) and later, $10 worth of popcorn, pretzel, and bottled water.

Just look how happy they were:


Multimedia message
Originally uploaded by sinda kate.


We headed over to the Galaxy Cafe afterwards to meet Jesse for dinner, and didn't get home until 9 pm. So did they wake up when I did at 6 am this morning? Luckily, they went back to sleep after some snuggling and coaxing.

I have a two-day work week this week, thanks to our Nation's Birthday. We're staying here Wednesday morning to participate in our annual neighborhood parade, then heading to Grandma's Lakehouse after. The girls informed me yesterday that they're ready to spend time alone with Grandma - well, hallelujah! is all I can say - I'm ready too.

2 comments:

peevish said...

The circus sounds like fun! But all that $$? That's why we never go. I'm glad they enjoyed it more this time!

And congrats on your 2 day work week. That is the best part, isn't it?

Suse said...

I laughed at the bit about the children refusing to go near Jesse minus his facial hair.

I remember my uncle shaving all his off when i was a kid. Totally freaked me out. He looked WRONG.