www.flickr.com

Saturday, November 24, 2007

15 pounds of flour in 6 days

Today I made 50 cookies, 16 granola bars, and a batch of soup.

The cookies are for a memorial service Jesse is attending right now. A week ago, a beautiful 17 year old girl was killed in a car accident. She was a former student of Jesse's, and she and her family are beloved by all who know them. Hers is not my story to tell, but I will say that to a person, everyone who speaks of her tells of her ability to make people happy.

So, Jesse and many other folks are at her service, and I have a crew of four girls on my bed watching Ratatouille. What I want to know is, since when am I old enough to be entrusted with 4 children and a house with a roaring fire in the fireplace? That's just silly.

I have more beds to make, more laundry to shuffle from one place to another, and soon, more bodies to bathe, but I just wanted to check in. Also, you know, I have to, what with NaBlaPooie and all.

1 comment:

peevish said...

I'm so very sad for the friends and family of Jesse's student.

And just think of all the pets and dysfunctional friends/family you've cared for over the years. But I know what you mean. I feel that way all the time. Like that Talking Heads song "Once in a Lifetime" that goes "How did I get here?".

And thanks for letting me talk you into the BloMo thing. I'm glad you've been keeping me company.