www.flickr.com

Friday, November 23, 2007

idyllic

I just wanted to say, before it ended, that this moment is perfect.

The house has been somewhat harried - I've been exceedingly harried - since yesterday's meal. The girls didn't eat much; it was the wrong time of day for them, they turned crazy later, and I went to bed frazzled. There was a gaggle of girls here this morning, playing happily, but the inevitable cleaning up needed my attention and management.

But now - now there are only two girls here calmly playing cards, the house is freshly cleaned, the fire is crackling, and Oscar Peterson is soothing me. I'm reading Nigella Express, which was delivered at just the right moment, as we have an impromptu football party to attend and I'll need to being a snack. Soon, I have to break my idyll to go pick up a friend from the airport, and I know I won't have peace again until possibly tonight, so I had to capture this moment, this perfect moment.

I hope you're having equally as lovely a time.

1 comment:

peevish said...

Today is definitely more restful than yesterday. Nice!