www.flickr.com

Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Long Way Around

Hannah was invited to a birthday party at Wild Basin today. It was a beautiful day for a hike - it almost hit 80 - and a beautiful day for the drive out there on 360. If you've never been to Austin, 360 is a scenic, twisting road, cut right through the hills of Central Texas, with stunning views and limestone cliffs to admire. I'm glad that I don't drive it every day, because in addition to the commuter traffic, I'd hate to get used to the scenery.

As we drove out today, we listened to the Dixie Chicks, an album Hannah enjoys very much. And not only because of the occasional swear word she can belt out with impunity. No, she loves the sound of voices harmonizing, especially women's voices, and I love to hear her add hers to theirs.

So I drove, in the sunny and clear November day, listening to Hannah sing. I was kind of sad to arrive.

1 comment:

peevish said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. My girls also love the Dixie Chicks. I need to find those cd's, as well as the B-52s they've been requesting.