Although we have several evening commitments this week, we also had a lot going on this weekend, so I tried to keep it simple while also limiting the Sunday cooking. Jesse is back, which makes all the difference. In more ways than one.
- Grilled steelhead trout, brown rice pilaf, salad. We used to live on steelhead, but once we stopped eating farmed fish, we cut way back. Now I get it whenever I see WFM has wild-caught and fresh, which they did this weekend. Yeah!
- Risotto with sausage and mushrooms, salad. I used to love making risotto, pulling up a stool in front of the stove, pouring a glass of wine, and stirring and sipping. These days, I'm not able to focus on one task like that, so we have risotto less often. Jesse made it tonight.
- Potato Leek soup - this one is made ahead, and I purchased an immersion blender at target this week for the occasion.
- White sausage (I wanted boudin; I got bratwurst), braised with turnips and butternut squash. Salad, natch.
- Linguine with broccoli rabe (aka rapini) and anchovies, salad.
- Spaghetti. Perennial favorite. Salad.