www.flickr.com

Monday, November 12, 2007

Le menu - not at all french

I know you've been waiting with bated breath for this week's menu.

Although we have several evening commitments this week, we also had a lot going on this weekend, so I tried to keep it simple while also limiting the Sunday cooking. Jesse is back, which makes all the difference. In more ways than one.
  • Grilled steelhead trout, brown rice pilaf, salad. We used to live on steelhead, but once we stopped eating farmed fish, we cut way back. Now I get it whenever I see WFM has wild-caught and fresh, which they did this weekend. Yeah!
  • Risotto with sausage and mushrooms, salad. I used to love making risotto, pulling up a stool in front of the stove, pouring a glass of wine, and stirring and sipping. These days, I'm not able to focus on one task like that, so we have risotto less often. Jesse made it tonight.
  • Potato Leek soup - this one is made ahead, and I purchased an immersion blender at target this week for the occasion.
  • White sausage (I wanted boudin; I got bratwurst), braised with turnips and butternut squash. Salad, natch.
  • Linguine with broccoli rabe (aka rapini) and anchovies, salad.
  • Spaghetti. Perennial favorite. Salad.
I went to yoga tonight, we have a parent education class tomorrow night we'll both attend, and a parent conference Wednesday night to which it's Jesse's turn to go.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was the Queen of Risotto (Regina d'risotto) in the 90s. Al saffron, al fungi, al salsicce, al frutti di mare.... you name it.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've made it since Anna was born. Multo trieste!

Krispy said...

immersion blenders ROCK. I also fix up a mean banana milk for the boys with them.

LOVE it.