- Chili, again, because another cool front is coming in, and Hannah and I like to gorge ourselves on cornbread.
- Turkish Winter Vegetable Stew - from Nancy Harmon Jenkins's cookbook, The Mediterranean Diet, and old favorite. The stew has root vegetables and lamb in it -what's not to love?
- Lentil soup, at Hannah's request
- Chicken soup, which leaves me with chicken for lunch or dinner tacos
- Thick, center-cut pork chops, served with braised red cabbage. The cabbage recipe is Nigella's - I made it yesterday, and I'll freeze the extra portions to have a side handy when needed. I'll brown the chops, then finish them off in the oven for a quick meal.
Sunday, November 04, 2007
This week's menu involves a lot of preparation today, because Jesse leaves tomorrow for a week-long camping trip with the school. I don't get home with the girls until 5:30 or so, and that makes for a late dinner if I start from scratch.
at 8:51 AM