www.flickr.com

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Menu time!

This week's menu involves a lot of preparation today, because Jesse leaves tomorrow for a week-long camping trip with the school. I don't get home with the girls until 5:30 or so, and that makes for a late dinner if I start from scratch.
  • Chili, again, because another cool front is coming in, and Hannah and I like to gorge ourselves on cornbread.
  • Turkish Winter Vegetable Stew - from Nancy Harmon Jenkins's cookbook, The Mediterranean Diet, and old favorite. The stew has root vegetables and lamb in it -what's not to love?
  • Lentil soup, at Hannah's request
  • Chicken soup, which leaves me with chicken for lunch or dinner tacos
  • Thick, center-cut pork chops, served with braised red cabbage. The cabbage recipe is Nigella's - I made it yesterday, and I'll freeze the extra portions to have a side handy when needed. I'll brown the chops, then finish them off in the oven for a quick meal.
Our extra hour today will be used for cooking, but I'll be grateful every day next week.

2 comments:

peevish said...

That Turkish stew sounds delish. Can you post the recipe?

blackbird said...

Pencil me in on the lentil soup night.