www.flickr.com

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Retail Magic

The FAO Schwartz catalog arrived the other day. Hannah was with me when I checked the mail, and since she has recently learned what magic happens when those three letters are strung together, she was happy to take the magazine and a pen and get to work.

She circled many items that are on her "wish list," and then asked if I could sit down and look at them with her. We were trying to get ready to pick up Hazel from school, and I was in a hurry, so I didn't get a chance to do so.

As I was straightening up this morning, I came across the catalog, along with a clean sheet of paper titled "F A O SCHWARTZ." She'd prepared it for me so I could write down what I was prepared to by, a la Jackson. "I'll just take a look," I thought, "before I toss this into the recycling."

Here's what I found - my sweet girl had not only circled items for herself - Muffy in the Nick of Time by Steiff, Gentle Giant Giraffe, and my favorite, Pink Sportster Pedal Car, she'd also circled items for Hazel: Gentle Giant Elephant, Disney Cinderella Trunk Set by Madame Alexander, and the Wizard of Oz Three-in-one Tote Set by Madame Alexander.

Awww.

No comments: