www.flickr.com

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Respite

As much as I enjoy getting out and going places, and even more, entertaining here at home, I desperately need interludes of solitude to retain my sanity. Often, I can capture those moments during my lunch break, if I have no errands to run, and I can come home and eat lunch with a book. Or, I can enjoy stolen time before the house wakes up, or after everyone is asleep, although those create catch-22 situations where I get more tired and more cranky, all in the getting of solitude to make me less cranky...you get the picture.

Today, suddenly, I'm alone: Jesse went to the grocery store to pick up the snack for school (I forgot the list when I went on my run this morning), and my neighbor called to take her daughter and my two to get their Christmas tree.

Peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't seen a weather forecast in days.

It's been in the high 70's today - it hit 79 not too long ago - and I worked outside all afternoon, trimming bushes and plants, putting out the Christmas lights, and filling the bird feeders. Right when my neighbor called, it started to rain.

I just stood up from the computer, and as I walked through the house, in which the windows have been opened for days, I felt a cool breeze, so I came back to check the weather. Here's what I learned:
A COLD FRONT WILL CONTINUE TO PUSH SOUTH ACROSS THE AREA. LOOK FOR
TEMPERATURES TO DROP 20 DEGREES WITHIN 30 MINUTES AFTER THE FRONT
PASSES...THEN CONTINUE TO FALL SLOWLY THROUGH 6 PM. A BRISK NORTH
WIND WILL MAKE IT FEEL EVEN COLDER. SCATTERED SHOWERS WILL
CONTINUE...WITH RAINFALL AVERAGING 1/10 INCH OR LESS THROUGH 6 PM
Sure enough, it's now 64 degrees outside. Nice!

No comments: