www.flickr.com

Monday, February 18, 2008

Eklektikos

If you have ever lived in Austin, you know who John Aielli is. Love him or hate him, he's an indelible part of Austin for me and many others.

I caught a few minutes of his show today on the way back to the office from lunch. He was playing Blood, Sweat & Tears' Naked Man (by Randy Newman), and he noted afterwards, in addition to how much he loves that song, that there is a Mozart Minuet at the end. Minuets, he continued, were George Washington's favorite type of dance. Yes, he was playing Naked Man in honor of President's Day.

Next, he played The Emperor's New Clothes, by Sinead. In addition to cracking me up, it got me to visualizing a comic strip of Cheney measuring the "new clothes" on George's saggy rear. I had a lot of fun with that one.

Thanks, John!

1 comment:

Krispy said...

HE is THE best.

I still remember the day that Christopher Reeves died - yes, all Superman songs, and while that doesn't sound like much here in type, it was a powerful day.