www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

today alla checca

Hello, friends! It's been a few days, hasn't it? Has it rained at your house, or has it been beastly hot? Those of you down under or in S. Africa are entering winter, and I'm having a hard time envisioning that - in my winter, it's easy to live vicariously in your summer, but here in my summer, I can't even conceive of coolness. Or darkness. It is all HOT and BRIGHT here these days.

This summer, more than ever, my desire for food seems to be in line with the weather and what's available - after years of eating whatever I thought of, at any time of the year, it now occurs to me that eating food that's fresh? And local? Makes more sense. And sounds better. And, of course, tastes better. So right now I'm boiling water, into which I will plunge two pounds of fresh tomatoes, the better to rip their skins off. Then I'll mix their flesh with balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, and some fresh herbs, and throw it on some pasta. Maybe with some fresh mozzarella too. It's all I have the energy for, and what could be better?

1 comment:

peevish said...

sounds wonderful. was it all you wanted it to be?