www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Roller Coaster

Highs and lows today, people.

I've been a little puzzled this week, once I realized that the first debate was Friday night, and that I planned to be at ACL Friday night. I don't have the DVR - what's a girl to do? LOW

Then today, I hear that I can watch the debate at ACL in the AT&T tent - HIGH!

Then McCain decides he's not prepared, I mean slipping in the polls, I mean SUSPENDING his campaign and wants to cancel the debate. LOW

Thankfully, Obama is in firm command of the situation, saying:

"Presidents are going to have to deal with more than one thing at a time," he said, "it is not necessary for us to think we can do only one thing and suspend everything else."

and

"With respect to the debates it is my belief that this is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from the person who in roughly 40 days will be responsible for this mess," he said. "I think it is going to be part of the president's job to deal with more than one thing at once. I don't see why we can't be constructive in helping with this problem." HIGH!

But the highest HIGH! was watching David Letterman lay into McCain, courtesy of the Huffington Post. Follow that Letterman link, my friends, because he was courteous, he was respectful, and he was incredulous that Senator John McCain pulled a no-show on him (while taking time to see Katie Couric) and can't run a campaign while he's trying to right the economy.

I've always loved Dave, but I fell a little deeper tonight. I hope everyone sees it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, David L. eviscerated John McSame! Not once, not twice but again and again.

Anonymous said...

-smith