www.flickr.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Simple Food

So, I ordered a new cookbook awhile ago, and it finally arrived today. It's so good that I'm torn between staying up all night to read it, and drawing it out as long as I can.


a platter of figs by Daniel Tanis
Simple, beautfully written and photographed, seasonal, anecdotal - it's everything I love in a cookbook.
For dinner tonight I made a Nigel recipe, since I had everything on hand - roasted eggplant, fresh basil, toasted pine nuts (remember how they didn't go in the cookies?), and curly pasta. The girls actually ate it without commenting on the eggplant, which was surprising to me, but it was tasty.

Tanis is similar to Slater in his simplicity, and I can't wait to read more. But maybe I'll watch Jon Stewart first...


No comments: