www.flickr.com

Monday, November 10, 2008

Duty Post

Did I really say I'd write something every day this month?

I've been on a four-day weekend home with children, Friday and today including my 2 1/2 year old nephew. Friday I had considerably more enthusiasm for the task than I did today, but I finally acquiesced to the moment and read a book out loud for hours. Now, the boy is at home, and the girls are at someone else's home, NPR is on, and butternut soup is simmering on the stove top (this recipe involves Calvados so how could I NOT make it?), Jesse is taking out the trash and recycling, and I'm...on the computer. Huh.

I could be reading a book - I have several new ones. I could be reading that New Yorker article everyone is talking about. I could be sitting quietly, not listening to anyone whine. I could be eating my fancy-schmancy chocolate bar, with smoked almonds and sea salt, if someone hadn't STOLEN it.

Instead, I'm fulfilling my obligation in a very desultory fashion.

3 comments:

Krispy said...

Ya'll are living high on the hog over there with yer fancy salted chocolates and what not.

me? I had an emergency run to get our favorite bag of chocolate chips. and I'm not bothering to mix them in with some almonds today... (is 9 am too early for chocolate?)

Sinda said...

If 9 am were too early for chocolate...well, let's just say I wouldn't have eaten all of these yummy chocolate malt balls already!

Agent X said...

I am suffering with you. We are 1/3 of the way done. We can do it!