www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Silver & Gold

So, I've been looking forward to this upcoming weekend for some time now, the one where Peevish flies into town, Krispy leaves her Austin home, and they join me and other fabulous women for a weekend extravaganza at my house. Sounds terrific, doesn't it?

Hannah came down with a horrible stomach virus Tuesday night, and stayed home with a fever yesterday, and today to recover. We're washing Hazel's and our hands diligently and feverishly fingering our (imaginary) rosaries. Jesse is taking the girls to Grandma's house this weekend to see his family, as long as no one else gets sick.

Lisa is in the air right now, and Kris is in...bed. Sick. Sickish? Hopefully just tired? My imaginary rosary is working overtime.

So, I'm just about to head to the airport to retrieve Lisa, who I haven't seen since our Mother's Day weekend in May. I am glad that Jesse will get to visit with her, though, so there's a slight silver lining. Which will turn to gold when Kris wakes up refreshed and ready to play tomorrow morning!

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

I am well (touch wood) and ready to PAR-TAY!!!

peevish said...

I'm typing this on Sinda's computer. Which means I made it! No fiery crash! And not only did I get to see Jesse, but I also had a brief visit with Hannah & Hazel this morning. Yea!

But this house feels really weird with no pets. I especially miss Gorge.


I guess I'll just have to drown my sorrows. Right now, in coffee.

Sinda said...

You know where the liquor is...