www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Friday night in the 'hood

Yesterday afternoon around 4:00, I got the PHONE CALL. We should all be lucky enough to receive one of these. This is the call where your neighbor says, "Hey, I'm heading home, want to come over after work?"

Yes!

I called another neighbor, who answered with the question, "Want me to pick up your kids from school?"

Yes!

As soon as I left work, I headed to the grocery store, and picked up the following necessities:



  • Cheese

  • Salami

  • Sardinian Flatbread (rosemary & sea salt)

  • Pizza (for the kids)

  • Salad (ditto)

  • Tortilla Chips

  • Italian Soda

And then I was on my way.



We sat around and laughed for hours, and it was just what I needed. Thanks, Neighbor.




2 comments:

peevish said...

Go ahead, rub it in.

KCB said...

You're right, everyone should be so lucky. Good neighbors are a special kind of treasure.