www.flickr.com

Monday, January 05, 2009

Five already?

If you'd asked me last night, I would have told you that I wasn't quite ready to return to the reality of school and work. Lucky for reality (which I'm sure is jonesing for me), a day spent with four children soon changed my opinion and I am now QUITE ready, thank you.

We went to see The Tale of Despereaux today, even though Lisa told us not to in no uncertain terms. I haven't read the book, but the girls have, and they really wanted to see it. Plus, it was cold and rainy today, and did I mention there were four of them? So we went. I liked it! Again, not having read the book certainly helped, as there was no disappointment on that front, and they were all entertained and captivated for 90+ minutes.

After some hot soup, we came home, the children desultorily cleaned up, and I banished them from the house. One of them soon returned, however, so I never did get my cold rainy afternoon with a book to which I'd looked forward. Oh, well.

Now: a fire, children in bed, if not asleep, and Jesse holed up with The Game. I just heard a curse, which doesn't bode well for the Longhorns.

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

We were off of school today, too, and I am definitely ready for tomorrow! HA HA just read your tweet! Sounds like a recipe I need to try.

peevish said...

1. Once you read/listen to the book, you will be retroactively disappointed.

2. No Scotch. Ever. There is a story there, and no I won't tell you.