www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Four

Sunday in my house means the Times, leisurely breakfast and coffee, and menu-planning for the week (unless I've had an ambitious Saturday). I took a quick inventory of my freezer this morning so I could use up some of its contents in the coming week - pesto, pork tenderloin and frozen scallops all made the cut.

  • Tonight, roasted chicken with pancetta, oil-cured black olives, rosemary, thyme and chili pepper flakes, from January's issue of Gourmet. To accompany it, Nigella's squidgy potatoes, and fresh greens from the CSA, sauteed. TONS of garlic in every dish, actually. Be glad you're not any closer.
  • Roasted Pork Tenderloin with sauteed bok choy and shiitake mushrooms, and brown rice.
  • Scallops with Spanish Chorizo, Cannellini beans with Kale. Two separate Nigella recipes.
  • Pasta with pesto, salad. And old standby and favorite.
  • Quinoa with ponzu, vinegared beets and their greens, probably with leftover pork.
  • Spaghetti with tuna and breadcrumbs - this is from this month's Everday Food magazine by Martha. I'm a little sceptical, but we have everything we need for it, and I need to use up those breadcrumbs, so I'll give it a shot.

Right now, there's a Negroni in my hand, and a fire burning, and we're about to eat that chicken.

2 comments:

peevish said...

I thought the squidgy potatoes were Nigel's? Anyway, sounds great.

Sinda said...

I think he attributes them back to her