www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thankful

Can I just say that I haven't left the house ALL day? Except to step outside for firewood, and once, for a spring of rosemary for the soup I'm making.

The Geek Squad came bright and early to mount the new behemoth on the wall. Yesterday, our friend and neighbor crawled through our attic and installed a new electric outlet for the beast, as well as a blank plate through which cable could run, and not look unseemly. Apparently there is a contest for Best Neighbor, and he is now winning by a mile. Several, actually. Thanks, Andy!!

We broke it in with 30 minutes of begged-for viewing, then shut it down and played Apples to Apples for awhile. The rest of the day was filled with soup making (chicken noodle AND ham hock & flageolet), laundering, and visiting. The neighborhood girls all came over and played school, including baseball at recess with a nerf football and a stick. They squabbled over celery (You got more than me!) and romanesco cauliflower (Who ate my Christmas tree??) and generally had a great time.

And can I also say that Kris makes a mean Lasagna? With handmade noodles, no less? I was so happy to remember I had leftovers today!

4 comments:

Krispy said...

all I could think about today was: there is leftover whipped cream in the fridge... there is leftover whipped cream in the fridge...

peevish said...

Ok, 2 things: Kris, how come you never call me any more? And handmade noodles? Who made? Smith? P & Co?

Reinvent Dad said...

Apples to Apples? How do YOU play it? My father-in-law and his wife brought it over on New Year's Eve and they proceeded to argue about it for the next couple of hours...he wanted to goof off and pick the funniest card played...she was serious and wanted to choose the card which best represented the concept of the card played...........just curious.

Sinda said...

Apparently Kris did not make cookies ALL WEEK.