www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I made it!

Well, not just me, we all did. Jesse is home from his 17-day trip to Italy, after one long, 27-hour day of travel yesterday. The girls woke us up this morning with squeals of excitement, having set their alarms. Jesse passed out the gifts, and we eventually left for school and work. Now we're home again, enjoying our first family night in weeks. Jesse made his perfect Caesar Salad w/ Grilled Chicken, and we're looking at his pictures via the TV. The girls are now anxious to visit Pompeii and climb Mount Vesuvius.



I'm more ready to sit in a sidewalk cafe and have an aperitif, personally. To each her own, I suppose.

Jesse and the dog met and have formed a fast friendship, helped by Jesse's day home today and their mutual affinity for tennis balls.

Jesse has now, I think, revised his opinion and canceled his interdiction on traveling abroad with children. Now all I need is a spare $10K or so and we'll be off. Where should we go first?

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Yes, traveling abroad with kids isn't so bad, if you're prepared for the slower pace. Last summer there were times I felt like I was on the European tour of playgrounds. And a few spare thousands don't hurt, either! Go for it!

That link asks me to log in, so I didn't see any pics.

Krispy said...

Spain!

Vetmommy said...

Oh, the art. I can see the pics now.

Didja hear Sivia Poggioli talking this morning about how tourism is down in Italy, esp. Roma. It is affecting the entire Italian economy. Glad Jesse was there to do his part.

peevish said...

I love the slideshow!

Just don't go in April. Unless you like being cold and wet all the time.