www.flickr.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Linky Love

I don't know if you pay attention to the Shared items over there on the right column. If it were me, and your blog, I might not even notice them, because I read everything in Reader and only click through to comment. I've been trying to comment more frequently this year, because it's easy not to, and I really do like to make that connection.

Anyway, I'm a single parent for the next couple of weeks, which is neither here nor there but merely a segue into the announcement that I'm just going to share some linky love with you today, in case you haven't seen these:

  • Dooce was on the today show. Meredith and the other guest were kind of annoying, but I like to see Heather try to encapsulate what she does into short, sound-bite-worthy statements.
  • Definitely NSFW hilarious Citibank spoof-commercial


The New F***ing Citibank - watch more funny videos



  • Thoughts on Obama's thoughts on education
  • So, I follow Peter Sagal on Twitter, which is what led me here. After reading this post, I held a heated, internal debate as to whether or not I would read the article. Like Peter, I carefully avoid images, stories, anything to do with children and tragedy, but in the end, prompted by Peter, and noting that this was the same journalist who wrote the Pulitzer-prize winning piece about Joshua Bell , I read it. I think you should too, all the way to the end. I'm still thinking about it.
I think that's enough for now. Next up: MI-5!

2 comments:

blackbird said...

Loved the White Wedding video...of to check your other links!

Krispy said...

How many days has it taken me to savor every link on this post? Well, to be honest, I'm still working on it. But I do have a new lentil recipe (from the sidebar no less) and a puff pastry attempt #2 in mind. And the literal White wedding is brilliant. This is why I love you -- because you share the best stuff!
thank you!