www.flickr.com

Monday, March 09, 2009

Not so soft

You know how when you make a plan, it can sometimes be much easier than the execution of your plan? Or how, once you actually carry out your plan, you run and hide in a corner and hope it works? No? Maybe it's just me.

I conceived of a grand master storage plan recently, with help from a friend, and I ordered this and two of these. I also went out and bought one of these, after talking to another friend. Oh, and did I mention I bought one of these? I know! I've done a lot of buying, and now I must stop.

So anyway, back to the plan. The plan is to hook the mirrored SATA drive to the Extreme Airport and then 1) back the hell up and 2) be able to access all my stuff from the MacBook. The hard drives are 640 GB each, but one mirrors the other so if you lose one, you keep your data. Tonight, all of the parts were finally in place, so I installed the two drives into the enclosure, and right now, I'm initializing the drives. When I say installed, I mean I had to use an actual screwdriver, people.

This is where the running and hiding comes in - I really hope I'm doing it right.

Holy frijole, I think it worked.

Tomorrow: I fugure out how to move all my photos and songs there. Which is both easier and less-straight-forward on an Apple than on a PC.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow, good luck. This is the sort of thing that makes my head hurt! My husband LOVES that sort of stuff, though...

- Ashley (www.bosssanders.com)