www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sloth, Indolence

When I got home yesterday, Hazel had made a batch of sugar cookies on which she could paste sugar icing, and our dinner was in the oven. I'd chosen this dinner, but several hours of uninterrupted oven use didn't help out the kitchen very much on a day when we broke a 19-year record and hit 103. I mixed up two of my new favorite drinks for Jesse and me (Gimlets with Tito's vodka, St. Germain Elderflower liquor, and fresh lime juice). Mental note: no more full-strength beverages on hot weekday afternoons!

Luckily, Hannah felt as indolent as we did, so she and I read on the couch and Jesse went off to strum his guitar. Hazel, on the other hand, was full - F U L L ! - of energy and kept coming around looking for something to do with somebody, anybody! I finally suggested a shower - that girl loves to get clean - and went to hide, I mean, to bed.

Here's a sweet bonus shot of Lisa from our trip, taken from the back of our spaceship.

2 comments:

peevish said...

Am I crazy, or do I look like Marie with dark hair in this photo?

I'm so not envying you guys right now. And it's only JUNE.

phd in yogurtry said...

hmmm, gimlets with a twist of SGE liquor .. exotic! and sounds like the perfect antidote.