www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Humph

Things That Are Making Me Cranky
  • Annoying questions / requests / oversights ALL DAY LONG at work. GAH.
  • People Who Do Not Pay Attention (see above).
  • Loud noises.
  • The dog chasing the cat
  • The cat flirting with the dog and MAKING Moki chase her.
  • 30 Rock isn't on tonight. When will it start, already?
  • Rain for ACL weekend. Even though I'm not going, the weather should cooperate. Just because.
  • The lack of a good book to read - any suggestions? (Ignore the mile-high stack on my bedside table, please).
  • The game the children are playing with laundry baskets. Laundry baskets which were full when the game started. They said they put everything away, but that can't be as good as it sounds, can it?
  • The Global Economic Apocalypse -- when will it end?
  • The Swine Flu - will I get it? Or should it be WHEN will I get it?
  • Coercing daughter to take the foul-tasting Augmentin for her ear infection, twice a day, for 10 days. See above.
  • My fall vegetable garden. I planted seeds. I should have planted starts.
  • The number of hours in a day. Here's what I require: 10 hours sleep, 9 hours work, 12 hours "free" time to parent, cook, clean, plan, read, watch, blog, chat, relax.
  • Someone made a sequel to Milne's The Hundred Acre Wood. WTF? Not right.
  • It still isn't Friday. Actually, Friday night. Not.
Why I Should Get Over It

3 comments:

phd in yogurtry said...

Re: ACL weather -- how many thousands WERE praying to mother nature,

"please, no more dust bowl"

but would now like to revise:

"please, no mud bowl"

peevish said...

Won't the rain as least make it less hellishly hot?

Also, thanks for India. She is now on my watch list.

peevish said...

Also: The flu is coming for you. Accept it.

Check my Shelfari page for books.