www.flickr.com

Friday, November 20, 2009

Keeping People Happy

So, my friend who is sick is still sick. Pagan prayers, please. It's freaking me out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Onward: at dinner one night this week, the girls asked me about my day. In general, they think I sit around on the computer all day, which is pretty accurate. That day, however, I'd had a meeting with a topic general enough that I could explain it to them, and they could understand it.

I'm on a small task force to figure out ways to keep customers from leaving us - a concern all businesses have these days, since a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, etc. They both thought about it, and offered ideas.

Hazel got confused, and suggested we offer higher interest rates. Hannah pointed out that I do NOT work for a bank. Kudos to Hazel though - everyone likes to earn more interest.

Hannah thoughtfully made a list for me, and I share it here for you:
  1. Lower the prices.
  2. Give them [the customers] a coupon once a month.
  3. Give them a free something if they sign up for something.
  4. Make/invent more stuff.
So - one finance whiz, and one marketing whiz!

4 comments:

Krispy said...

There is no surprise there. Although I thought it would be the other way around....

phd in yogurtry said...

As one of the birds in hand, I say go with the free stuff.

phd in yogurtry said...

oh and, pagan prayers for your friend.

I like that, btw. Pagan prayers. I think I might have to swipe that one.

Sinda said...

Thanks, Sandy. I swiped it myself - it's perfect.