www.flickr.com

Monday, February 24, 2014

Gratitude

Today I'm grateful for more than a couple of things.

  • My Traditional Medicinals Peppermint tea.  I love and crave all things peppermint (no spearmint for me, thank you, unless it's an actual leaf), and this tea captures the essence of mint exactly.  
  • Having floors in my house.  It's something you take for granted, but WOW is it important to me.  Living in a construction zone for an extended period of time would really jack with my mental health.  Our floors have been in again since before Thanksgiving and I am grateful for them every day.  Thank you, Joel and Smith (and Chase Bank, sadly).
  • The view into my back yard.  It's always calming, and the fact that I can watch the flurry of Tufted Titmouses, Black-Capped Chickadees, Cardinals, Bluejays and Goldfinches while I work helps get me through many a stressful day.
  • The sweet little yellow table our Mac sits on, that Kris helped me pick out, and which Jesse stopped from wobbling yesterday.  It pleases me.
  • These cute and tasty grass-fed & whole milk yogurts.  SO GOOD.
  • Waking up to a cortado espresso every morning.
  • Listening to my children chat to each other helpfully as they get ready for school.  Some days there is more yelling, but on days like today when they are so friendly and peaceful, it's much easier to love life.
  • My sweet, amazing, wonderful, supportive and patient husband.  He's one of the best human beings I know and I'm grateful for him every minute of every day.

No comments: