www.flickr.com

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Before

I have an idea, now, of what I'll miss about Austin (and really, Texas and the States in general) when I'm gone, but I also recognize that I will be surprised by what I didn't expect to miss.

Noting, for the record, anticipated mourning (not in order of importance):

  • Taco Deli & Dona sauce
  • The Alamo Drafthouse
  • Whole Foods
  • Central Market
  • Wheatsville Co-Op
  • P. Terry's
  • Town Lake
  • The YMCA
  • Houndstooth.  Oh, Houndstooth.
  • The Soup Peddler & Juice Box
  • Juiceland
  • Book People
  • The Veloway
  • The hill on Barton Creek
  • KUT/KUTX*
  • NPR*
  • The cover of the Austin Chronicle (I rarely pick it up any more)
  • The NYT*
  • Austin Montessori School
  • AT&T!
  • Crossfit SoLa
  • Angela at Yoga Yoga
  • The Austin food + cocktail scene
  • ACL
  • F*^#ing Hipsters everywhere
  • ACL Live (and Kelly M., he rocks)
  • Bike lanes
  • Running into friends, randomly
  • Affordable organic products and produce
  • Affordable anything!
  • Omnipresent Tex-Mex, Interior Mexican, margaritas, chips, salsa, guacamole
  • Hummingbirds
  • Hazel's swim coach & Hannah's track coach

* Yes I know I can access them digitally - but it's not the same


We'll have to wait awhile to see what I am surprised to miss, and what I actually don't miss at all.

I should call out that this list isn't meant to and couldn't begin to encompass the many loved ones I will miss fiercely.  You know who you are.


No comments: